|Having lived here for 2 years and also having promised to put on a few workshops each year perhaps on Maui or one of the other Hawaiian Islands, Ive been starting to think a little more seriously about the prospects of a Hawaiian Photography Workshop and have got a lot of positive feedback from a few individuals who are interested. There is a tremendous amount of planning and co-ordination that goes into quality workshops, so if we do have one, it would be just the one to see if it is something I would want to do again.
If you are interested in participating in a workshop with me here on Maui, Kauai, Lanai or The Big Island. Here are the tentative details what would be involved; nothing is set in stone, and it is all very tentative, but most likely it would be:
2 Full Day Intensive Swim Suit / Model / Underwater Shooting Workshop - DEC 7-8 2012 - Cost - $1500 (for first 5 attendees, $1750 for everyone after).
This is the workshop fee only, Air Travel to, Rental Cars, and Hotel fees will be additional and resort deal will posted once we have an agreement with the sponsoring resort, but expect in the $200-$300/per night range. We will cover all 6 meals on workshop days.
- Workshop would be sometime in first part of December, probably on a weekend. Fri-Sat we would have the workshop, Sunday would be more of a fun free day to explore the island if we can, it would also allow those who need to leave early get back home. If anyone is certified as a diver I would also be open to taking you guys out to do scuba diving, which we can discuss later.
- There would be 6 classes, with 4 shooting sessions with high end models (Annie pictured here has already agreed to model for us, but we will probably get a couple more). (Most workshops I have been to usually have 1 shooting session, 4 is very ambitious).
- Each shoot would be in a different setting. This schedule is also subject to change depending on interest levels. For example, if I get a lot of photogs who are scuba certified, we might need to also do some night diving!
Thursday Night, Optional Meet and Greet at restaurant TBD.
Friday Dec 7th -Day One:
1. Morning Swimwear on Beach
2. Afternoon Studio Shooting
3. Editing & Review- Selection of Images for Publication
Saturday Dec 8th - Day Two:
4. Underwater Shooting (Pool and/or Ocean)- If you do not have a housing, we will let you use mine or rent some.)
5. On Location Sunset Shooting into Hard Sunlight with Different Light Set Ups.
- Would be held at a local Maui resort, we will probably get a discount on the rooms at the resort, as well as beach and pool access for shooting activities.
- We will rent a local studio and conference room for anything else.
- Would be more geared towards advanced shooters, semi-pros & pros who are looking for advanced hands on training with Michael
- Would need at least 5 Attendees to sign up to move forward with it, and would limit the workshop class to 8-10 shooters total
And like I said, this may only be a one time deal. I just want to see what the interest is and if it would even be possible. If I get 5 or more people on board, we will get this rolling.
If you are interested, please leave your information in the comments box below and you will be signed up to have the first chance at booking a slot as soon as it opens up. Again, first 5 to book your workshop cost is $1500, everyone after that $1750 until the class is full.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!